Member Spotlight: Braden RawlsApril 22, 2013 8:15 PM
We recently sat down with Braden Rawls, founder of Vital Plan, to learn more about her entrepreneurial experience (we threw in a few silly questions, too).
- Besides food and water, what three things would you take with you to a deserted island? Music, sunglasses, and my best friend to keep me company
- In what event would you win an Olympic gold medal? Boarder cross
- Here at the HUB, one of our Core Values is “Be Authentic.” What do you do on a day-to-day basis to live out that value? Be aware of how my natural strengths and weaknesses can complement those around me.
- What is the biggest challenge to starting a business? The biggest reward? I think that uncertainty is the biggest challenge and reward. It is hard to make any kind of personal plans when you are not sure where your business is going and to what degree it will be successful. But the "not knowing" part is also very exciting. Everyday I feel energized about possibilities that are around the corner. Living with this sense of optimism and spontaneity has translated to a lot of happiness for me that I don't think I would have found in a more static work environment.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? Public speaking. I am always so impressed to see someone captivate a large crowd and fill the room with laughter. What a great skill to have.
- What piece of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs? When one door closes, another one will open - this saying really is true! Having the ability to keep your spirits up when a door closes and look for the door that is opening will be a key skill in moving your business forward.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? You can only plan so much. Have a loose plan in place, but focus most of your energy into the current moment and embrace the idea of change.
- Who was your favorite musical artist when you were in the 5th grade? TLC
- What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year (personal or professional)? Travel somewhere I've never been before.
- Favorite movie quote? “Think classy, you’ll be classy.” –Bull Durham
Vital Plan is an innovative health and wellness company committed to creating top quality, all-natural supplements and providing safe, effective weight loss programs. The Vital Plan team believes that both good health and disease follow the rules of cause and effect, and prevention is the best way to proactively protect your health. They also offer protocols and training on the concepts of wellness through our Vital Plan providers. You can learn more at https://vitalplan.com/. Read It