Member Spotlight: Mike LeeMarch 9, 2015 7:00 AM
Mike Lee, HQ Raleigh Member, SHE Globl Media
We asked Mike some serious (and some not-so-serious questions) to help our community get to know him a little better.
1. Besides food and water, what three things would you take with you to a desert island? My puppy, a five-iron and Tabasco sauce
2. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Save your money. Don't buy dumb stuff.
3. What piece of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs? Focus on the purchase-decision and revenue. Amateurs talk about tactics; professionals study logistics.
4. What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year (personal or professional)? I'd like to get my second start-up off the ground, which would mean shipping product and reaching revenue by Q3 hopefully.
5. Here at HQ, one of our Core Values is “Empower Others.” What do you do on a day-to-day basis to live out that value? If I've engaged at all, then I have to be responsive and timely. It's about showing consideration.
6. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? I'd like to wake up and be a certified pilot.
7. If you owned a yacht, what would you name it? Enterprise
8. Is there something that you've dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it? I've wanted to go to Scotland for a long time. I've been waiting for my golf game to improve before I visit the birthplace.
9. Favorite movie quote? "That flight to Cuba, was that 0600 in the morning, sir?"
10. What do you enjoy most about what you do? I love having a blank canvas and shaping the way we engage with the market. I love competing when the scorekeeping is objective. As the great philosopher Rasheed Wallace said, "ball don't lie."