Member Spotlight: Leslie WoodsFebruary 16, 2015 11:45 AM
Leslie Woods, HQ member & co-founder of Raleigh Raw
Leslie Woods is the co-founder Raleigh Raw, which specializes in fresh cold-pressed juice in N.C. Previously, Leslie worked for Lenovo, but now is Raleigh Raw's Director of Operations. This N.C. start-up has flourished over the past two years, and is continuing to grow! February is Cleanse Month with Raleigh Raw! Join the Facebook group, experience 1 on 1 coaching, and enjoy complimentary classes from their partners, Flywheel Fitness & Gratitude hot yoga!
We asked Leslie some serious (and some not-so-serious questions) to help our community get to know her a little better.
1. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? Maintaining a journal(s). I began when I was 8 and have kept up with it. I’ve got a 20 year history of my greatest achievements, disappointments, dreams, and experiences.
2. If you could travel to any point in time, where would you go? and why? 20 Years into the future, 2035. I’ve always been fascinated with AI and Robotics so I would want to fast forward 20 years to get a glimpse of where those technologies will be.
3. Do you have any nicknames? None that ever stick. According to Instagram and my sister, Les Rae, @les_ra
4. Walk us through a typical day-in-the-life of Leslie.
6:15am | Leave Home and meet Delivery team at Raleigh Raw Production Facility7am | Return Home8am | Meditate9am | Breakfast10am – 4pm | Work, Operations and Customer Service for Raleigh Raw5pm | Exercise (Hot Yoga, HipHip, Gym)7pm | Dinner8pm | Leisure (FaceTime with friends, Read, Surf the Web)11pm | Sleep5. Here at HQ Raleigh one of our Core values is "Leave the World Better than you Found It." What do you do on a daily basis to live out that value?
Food Choices | Ethically Farmed, Organic, Local, Hormone and pesticide free
Transportation | Bicycle (in warmer months)
Business | Creating 100% real food products and providing that option to our community in an accessible way.
Social | Encouraging Confidence, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship
6. What is your most prized possession? A scarf that I purchased in Morocco from a side street shop on our way to trek into the Sahara Desert.
7. What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year? Purchasing my first Home.
8. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received? “Chip Away,” My Mom, circa 99’ – Originally stated as a mantra to use when cleaning my messy teenage room but oh how well it has transferred into my adult life. – Instead of letting Life’s Big Picture seem overwhelming we must choose to Chip Away, focusing on consumable pieces of Action.
9. What TV sitcom family would you be a part of? Truth be told I do not own a TV and my pop culture knowledge is admittedly weak. However, I’ve noticed the sarcastic wittiness of the Modern Family and think that I could mesh well with the Dunphy’s.
10. Who was your favorite musical artist when you were in 5th grade? Easy, Hansen. All day, every day. Dreamy Taylor, I know the late 80’s babies can agree.
Thanks Leslie! Read It