Member Spotlight: Kemp DunbarAugust 11, 2015 8:36 AM
- If I were running for office, my campaign slogan would reflect the motto of the great state of New Hampshire: “Live Free or Die.” I probably wouldn’t get elected. Perhaps I’d make a better cabinet member or back-room advisor.
- If someone wrote a biography about me, the title might be “Love Back, Look Forward”
- One thing I cannot live without is my Costa Del Mar Wave 580 lenses.
- TV sitcom: I would be Cosmo Kramer’s recurring business partner who transforms his crazy ideas into real working products. Jerry would probably call me Jonathan.
- Favorite movie quote: I’m afraid such request cannot be fulfilled
5a. I think I like song lyrics more than movie quotes. Off the top of my head, one favorite is: “Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme” from the song “1952 Vincent Black Lightning” performed by Del McCoury
- I like to empower others with personal endorsements when they may be least expecting them, especially if we have just met or if I am introducing them to a third party. Recognizing the massive energy someone has spent behind the scenes can also provide an instant confidence boost. I also get a big kick out of selling other people’s products at vendor markets for a few minutes at a time. I learn about their products then put my own spin on it and offer creative new benefits to swoon their customers.
- If friends described me with one word, they would have to say, “stunning.”
- Strangest thing I’ve encountered since starting Sluice Hammocks is that some people just downright refuse to get into the hammock for a test drive. I am sure this is because they know they’ll never want to get out!
- A perfect day for me would be spent at a bluegrass music festival in the rolling hills of western North Carolina where the cell phone service is spotty and the harmonies are unadulterated.
- I have never really thought about how I will die, but if I must do so, I would prophesize that my last breath may be spent somewhere in Alaska fighting a great halibut fish before it yanks me overboard and drags me to Davy Jones’ Locker.