Member Spotlight: Justin BeardJuly 17, 2014 8:51 AM
1. If you were running for office, what would your campaign slogan be? The best is Yeti to come...
2. Here at HQ Raleigh, one of our Core Values is “think big.” What do you do on a daily basis to live out that value? There is a fine line between thinking and doing. You have to have Focus. Most of our big "aha moments" come from talking to customers, users, team members or advisors. Once we have those big thoughts, we validate with customers/users then we get to doing. As an entrepreneur you are almost always in perpetual "think" mode. The trick is to have a great idea, focus, then get to doing.
3. In what event would you win an Olympic gold medal? Most definitely Jamaican bobsledding...mon
4. What is the biggest challenge to starting a business? The biggest reward? Honestly, the biggest challenge is to come up with a great idea that users want and/or businesses need. The biggest reward is validation.
5. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? I am most grateful for my beautiful fiance, my family, and my team. On a personal level, they all know how much this means. They believe in me. They support me.
6. Besides food and water, what three things would you take with you to a desert island? My soon-to-be wife, a flint rock, rum
7. Walk us through a typical “day-in-the-life” of Justin:
Hmm...nothing is ever typical so I'll give you today's rundown:
7am wake up- breakfast/shower/ponder if I should shave my beard
8am- check email
9am- write this
10am- Call an advisor to have a strategy discussion
1pm- Meeting with director of a broadcast network to discuss SnapYeti
2pm- Final prep to roll out our new SnapYeti Print Store next week! (customize your photos on canvas prints, framed prints, cell phone covers, tablet covers, fleece blankets, shower curtains, etc. shipped to you at ridiculously low prices!)
4pm- run with the dog/eat (begin the wedding diet today...yay)
5pm- Speak with potential investor
11pm- email/check out www.snapyeti.com (duh)
12pm- probably eat a popsicle and watch Longmire
8. What is your greatest source of inspiration? I am amazed at how our world works, how people work, how we continue to build absolutely incredible things to make life easier. I want to be part of that. I want to build something people can remember and use forever. I have a vision that SnapYeti will become the next wildly successful social media company. That vision is my inspiration. It drives me.
9. If we opened your refrigerator right now, what would we find?
Honestly, I just can't keep enough Rachel Ray Nutrish in the house. SnapYeti freakin' loves it for some reason. See for yourself--> https://vine.co/u/988145060183244800
10. Favorite movie quote?