Member Spotlight: Joe ElliottJuly 21, 2015 9:36 AM
1) If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
I think the ability to manipulate time would be really cool, so I could replay the best parts (and fast-forward the bad parts).
2) What TV sitcom would you be a part of?
3) Favorite movie quote? –
"In the long term, economic sustainability depends on ecological sustainability."— America’s Living Oceans (documentary)
4) If you owned a yacht, what would you name it?
5) Here at HQ, one of our core values is "Drive Forward with Purpose." How do you live out that value in your daily life?
I’m a classic over-achiever, but I pair that with a consciousness of my impact on the world. Each time I set out on a journey, I want the end goal to be a real positive impact. It doesn’t matter how small the journey, because each action we have can shape our surroundings and the people we meet.
6) If you could be anything other than an entrepreneur, what would you be and why?
I’d probably be either an astronaut (dreaming) or an adventure guide. In both cases, there’s some exciting unknown to explore.
7) What do you enjoy most about what you do?
I think I enjoy most the ‘creation’ process, being able to take a step back from it all and say ‘wow…I built this’.
8) If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
I think I’d rather live shorter and keep both.
9) Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
Getting run over by a car would be most likely, but I’d rather die mountain climbing (after reaching the top, of course).
10) If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would you choose?
Non-superhero abilities? I’d like the ability to persuade people.