Member Spotlight: Dan MooreJuly 29, 2015 11:59 AM
|1) Do you have any nicknames?Danimal, Dan The Man, and Dannyboy. Probably some others in there too.|
2) If you were running for office, what would your campaign slogan be?
GET SHIT DONE. It’s kind of my company’s motto, but I live by it too.
3) What is your weirdest or most unique talent?
It’s probably not a talent, but a fun fact: I use to be a high-school male cheerleader — with a pony tail (pre-beard too). It was a scary sight.
4) What is the strangest thing in your refrigerator right now?
Probably something my wife purchased from Trader Joes that I don’t even know how to pronounce. Seriously, she buys some really strange stuff.
5) Here at HQ, one of our Core Values is to Be Authentic. What do you do to live out that value?
It may seem strange, but for someone that lives online and grew up in online communities, I only have 1 online “handle” or “avatar". Like, even on reddit. No throwaways. #yolo
6) What do you consider to be your greatest achievement so far?
It’s probably a tie between keeping inbox zero every day (staying on top of communication as a whole) and overcoming panic attacks. Both are quite difficult achievements.
7) Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
I was a chubby kid growing up, and I would say that dying by the food I ate (too much salt, heart problems, etc.) would probably be A-OK with me. I don’t think I’d be OK with it anymore, but it’s probably how I would die still. I stay indoors a lot, so there’s not much of a chance for falling off a cliff or being eaten by a shark.
8) Is there something that you've dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
I’ve always wanted to go to North Korea. I haven’t done it because it’s North Korea.
9) What do you enjoy most about what you do?
The people I work with. Without the joy and intensity of the startup culture we work in it wouldn’t be fun.
10) If your friends were to describe you in one word, what would it be?
I actually had to ask them, because I had no idea. Here are the answers I received, in no particular order: