1) What are the top three things on your bucket list?
Have a car that starts with switches (check)
Have a shower with multiple shower heads (almost check)
Sell a company (still working on this one....)
2) In what event would you win an Olympic gold medal?
Panini pressing. For speed and accuracy.
3) If you could travel to any point in time, where would you go and why?
The future. I want to see how far they go with AI - and if all forms of transportation become automated. Also, teleportation - will it happen?
4) What is your weirdest or most unique talent?
Organizing things. Specifically on a wall. I do believe they have coined the term "knolling" for it.
5) Besides food and water, what three things would you take to a desert island?
Mario Kart, a nice mid century couch, and a toothbrush. Remember kids, never ignore dental hygiene.
6) Here at HQ, one of our Core Values is "Be Authentic." How do you live out that value in your daily life?
Im sure anyone that has met me realizes that this comes pretty naturally to me...
7) What piece of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs?
Realize that you will fail - learn from it and make your 2nd (and 3rd) attempt even better. And be patient. Don't get frustrated. Learn how to market your product properly. Be able to step back and see what parts of your product aren't necessary. Have your mom test it and see if she gets it. Make sure its solving a problem. Thats a good start i think.
8) What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year? (personal or professional)
Finish my house! Ive been working on re-doing a 1935 house on the Neuse river and I've quickly learned construction is like a startup - it never goes as planned.
9) What is the strangest or funniest thing you've encountered since starting your business?
There is a fine line between funny and sad in the startup world, but the day we got kicked out of our home office because of our first newspaper article was pretty funny in retrospect.
10) When did you last sing to yourself? To somebody else?
If you've ever been to a synagogue you know that jews shouldn't sing in public. Except Adam Sandler - and he is still borderline.Read It