HQ Community is looking for an INCREDIBLE Director of MarketingSeptember 1, 2016 3:32 PM
HQ Community is on a mission to foster inclusive communities of entrepreneurs who create lasting economic and social impact. Through HQ Raleigh, HQ Greensboro, and HQ Charlotte, we’re creating dynamic co-working environments that empower others to create purpose-driven businesses and leave the world better than they found it. Through our model, we’re addressing two major challenges that entrepreneurs face: building a trusted support community and gaining access to flexible, affordable office space.
In the process, we are on a path to create the largest entrepreneurial community in the South-East that will allow us to fully leverage our scale and platform. Our target audience consists of entrepreneurs, business executives, community leaders, and government officials and we use many different platforms, both on and offline, to engage this community. These include extensive online communication campaigns using social media, one-on-one access to business mentors, and sponsored events in our downtown locations.
As Allyson Sutton transitions out of her role with HQ, we are seeking a truly incredible full-time Director of Marketing & Communications to lead our marketing, branding, and communications efforts, both at strategic and tactical levels.
This person will play an integral role on a small (but mighty) team, ready to jump in as we grow. The ideal candidate will have marketing, editorial, and public relations leadership experience, a creative knack (coupled with a strong strategic mindset), the ability to manage both people and projects in a fast-moving environment, and a passion for entrepreneurship, inclusivity, and community building.
We’re a growing company, so new projects and opportunities are always popping up. In general, this person’s responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a smart, highly strategic, and comprehensive marketing and communications plan that significantly expands awareness and engagement of HQ Community within our existing markets and new markets across a set of critical stakeholders including existing and potential members, the broader entrepreneurial community, the venture capital community, public officials and thought leaders, and the local and national media;
- Create and manage monthly editorial calendar for HQ’s web content to drive consistent traffic, engage current audience, and attract new leads across HQ’s communities. This includes content creation and copy editing / optimizing contributor and intern-created content;
- Work with local Directors to manage marketing budgets and allocate resources amongst projects;
- Act as the organization’s agent towards media, stakeholders and potential clients and build strategic partnerships. Collaborate with internal leadership to craft press releases and talking points;
- Oversee the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others as deemed necessary;
- Track, measure, and analyze performance through Google Analytics and social network insights. Adjust campaigns to reach monthly goals;
- Manage Mailchimp email marketing, including template designs, calls-to-action, drip campaigns, and content used in weekly and monthly email sends;
- Create branded collateral for HQ locations, event marketing, etc. Work with vendors and designers when needed;
- Design and implement brand activation campaigns in new sites to help drive community awareness/engagement and membership growth;
- Conduct general market research to stay on top of trends and competition.
- Hire, train, and supervise marketing interns in all sites including HQ Raleigh and HA Charlotte - and assist with HQ Greensboro;
- Develop, manage, and remain accountable for marketing and communications budget; and
- Codify all activities so they can be built upon for generations to come and assist HQ’s scale up and sustainability strategy.
We think a combination of these skills and experiences will help someone really excel in this role:
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adapt our style, tone, and voice for various types of mediums and audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics (Mailchimp and Google Analytics, in particular).
- In-depth knowledge of social media marketing, tools, and trends. Experience running creative guerilla campaigns a plus!
- Past experience in public relations, corporate communications, content marketing, or relationship management.
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment. If you have startup experience, even better!
The HQ Community Director of Marketing & Communications will work directly with HQ’s two operating founding partners, local Directors and Managers, interns, members, and our strategic partners. This person will be located in Raleigh, with regular travel anticipated to Charlotte (as well as some travel to Greensboro and potentially other Southeastern markets). The role is full-time (40 hours per week), with attendance at some after-hours or weekend events when available.
Please send a resume and cover letter by Friday, September 9th to Christie Quackenbush: email@example.com