April Member Spotlight: Rob AndrewsApril 13, 2015 6:00 AM
Rob Andrews, President/CEO of USA Futsal
We asked Rob some serious (and some not-so-serious questions) to help our community get to know him a little better.
1. If your friends or colleagues were to describe you in one word what would they say? Driven
2. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future, or anything else, what would you want to know? Nothing. I don’t even want to know the weather tomorrow. Surprise me!
3. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? Signing a 5 year partnership with Disney in 2013.
4. In what event would you win an Olympic gold medal? That game at the fair where you roll the golf balls and the horses run across the board.
5. What are the top three things on your bucket list? See futsal played at the Olympics, see a professional futsal league start in the US, win a single game of ping-pong at HQ Raleigh. All are long-shots, but that’s why we dream, right?
6. If you owned a yacht, what would you name it? The Office
7. Here at HQ, one of our Core Values is “Empower Others.” What do you do on a day-to-day basis to live out that value? The conversations and connections, intros and learning opportunities that present themselves on a daily basis are the most valuable things about being a member of the HQ community. With so many great people empowering, inspiring and challenging me to build a better business and be a better person , it drives you to empower others to do the same.
8. What piece of advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs? “They key to success is managing expectations."
9. Favorite movie quote? “Now Dash, everyone’s special.” “That’s just another way of saying no one is” - The Incredibles
10. What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year (personal or professional)? “To come up with one adjustment to governing the sport of futsal that will change the game forever for the better."