Join the Dropsource beta!May 16, 2016 12:10 AM
Ready to build an app?
Dropsource is a powerful automated development tool built for creating iOS and Android apps. With the tool you can visually build, test, and deploy production quality and fully native apps from scratch right in your web browser. With Dropsource, you can decide to code when and if you want to, or build your app entirely using our drag and drop interface.
As part of their beta launch, they're seeking to help HQ companies build an app using Dropsource. Their team of developers will provide professional services and hands-on assistance to work with HQ teams to get an app built and launched. In exchange, they’re seeking user feedback and the opportunity to learn from the experience of guiding users successfully from idea to launched app. And if all goes well, maybe we can turn it into a case study or testimonial opportunity.
So, here is what Dropsource is offering you:
Access to a tool that’ll allow you to build a fully functional native iOS and/or Android app
Full access to their team. They’ll be at your service to first train you in how to use the tool, build special components or features you might need, and to troubleshoot along the way to make sure the tools performs well and you get the app you’re looking for.
All the above, totally free.
The time period for this project will be starting in late May, and will run for the entire month. Ideally you’ll have the app built and complete by the end of June, but if necessary they can extend the program by a few weeks.
Are you a good fit for this? Here are some questions to ask yourself and your team.
- Are you actively looking to build native iOS and Android mobile app?
- If you have an idea that’s good, but have you actually sketched it out in wireframes? Have you done research into the needs of users? Are you totally ready to build this app or just considering your options?
- They need beta users who are ready to rock and roll. You either have a prototype for your app already built or at least have made mockups of how you want their app to look and behave.
- Are you, or does your team have, a developer (web, mobile, backend) available to use our tool?
- Dropsource is a developer tool. It’s intended to use by a technical user and may prove too complex a tool for a total non-technical user. If you call yourself a developer, you’re probably going to have a good time. If not, well, you get it.
- Do you have an API ready for your app? Or have plans to build one? Dropsource is a BYO-Back end tool. If you have an RESTful API already built, or have plans for building one, then you are good to go. If you have no idea what an API is, then you may want to look back at question #2, or ask your developer about it.
- Are you willing to commit time and energy to getting this app built and working with our team? While the tool will help make the app development process faster and easier than building it from scratch, app development does take time and commitment no matter what tool or framework you use. Another point is that their tool is currently in beta, which means there may be some bugs, UX issues, or inefficiencies, some that we can address right way, others that we can’t. Your feedback on these, and patience with us, will be critical.
If you answered yes to all of these....You are a great fit!
Connect with Liz Tracy about joining this initiative and we’ll get the ball rolling!Read It